Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 71/365 Lo-key

Here is my lo-key photo. My lighting was just a window with a dark blanket for the background. In case you don't know what lo-key is, here is the definition I found online.

- A low-key image is one that contains predominantly dark tones and colours. Like high-key images, they convey atmosphere and mood. But where a high-key image feels airy and light, a low-key is usually dramatic and full of mystery. And where high-key lighting over-lights the subject to reduce contrast, low-key lighting creates striking contrasts through reduced lighting. Shadows are now the primary element of the composition.

Click here for my hi-key photo from earlier in the challenge.

CC welcome
Metadata:50mm, ISO640, 1/50, f6.3

2 comments:

JCC said...

I like this one too. Great shot! -JCC

JCC said...

I like this one too. Great shot! -JCC