Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 33/365 -Full Frame (FX) vs. Crop Frame (DX) Camera

I just got my new camera in the mail today. Its a full-frame body, the Nikon D610. I did have the Crop frame sensor in the Nikon D80 so I thought I'd do a little comparison to show the difference between the two. These are both SOOC taken with the same settings and taken from the exact spot on the floor so you can see the difference in low-light and what the crop sensor difference is. These may be too small to see the grain, so here's my experiement.

CC welcome
Metadata: 50mm, ISO1600, F1.8, 1/60


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool, huh? LOVE my full frame! Do you know they are making a p/s camera that is full frame? It's supposed to be pretty epic... and the price tag matches the epicness :/ But full frame makes a huge difference :D Enjoy!

Deborah said...

WOW. I had no idea! Crazy! Love it!!! :)

Jess said...

I'm bookmarking this to show my husband the difference ;)

MNoePhotography said...

I'm loving the new camera and FULL frame. I only learned of this a couple of years ago and have been researching lately on which one I would like/could afford.