Friday, November 15, 2013

Day 15/365 - Smoke Creature??

I have completed a first. This is the first time I have EVER tried taking a picture of smoke. I gotta admit. It was fun. Next time I see incense, at the mall, it will definitely be a purchase to make. First, taking smoke was on our 365 day challenge by another photographer so it became something to add to my list, and glad I saw it. Instead of just smoke, however, creativity became a key - how could smoke be used? There are numerous ways to use it in a photo realistically, but I opted to make a smoke creature instead.

This will be something I continue to play with in the future. Very fun. By the way, I found this link and it took me step by step how to set this up. http://digital-photography-school.com/an-introduction-to-smoke-photography You might want to try it yourself.

CC welcome
Metadata: Smoke - ISO 200, F8, 35mm w/external flash (set up explained in above link)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool pic ! Thanks for the link. Would definitely like to try it out.