Friday, November 1, 2013

365 - Day 1


Today is Day 1 of the 365 day project. It started off with a bang this morning at 7:45am with my daughter's foot surgery. Normally, I would take pictures with my phone, but since this is a "Challenge", I decided I need to start bringing my "good camera" where ever I go. You never know when you're going to run into the shot of the day. This picture is taken pre-op after her IV was put in. I'm glad I'm doing this, b/c a photo with the phone would just be of her looking at me on the gurney. Today, however, I tried to look for a more interesting angle.

My Metadata: Focal length 35mm, 1/80, ISO-640, f/8 - this turned out a little dark, so I edited to add a little light - I didn't want to use a higher Aperature b/c then my daughter's face looking up at me would have been too blurry. In this case I prefer the edit over SOOC (Straight Out Of the Camera).


Thank you for checking out my photo. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's a really cool shot! I'm assuming you wanted to focus on the drip, and not her face, correct? Isn't it funny that when we know we're sharing the photo, we just naturally do better? We bump it up and allow our creativity to come into play. I love it! I, too, carry my camera wherever I go... and it is HEAVY! I'm constantly trucking around a 20 lb. baby and a 4 lb. camera! But the shots I get are worth it :D Nice job! Happy shooting! And best wishes to your daughter as she undergoes surgery!

Tanya R. said...

I like the angle of the picture and the fact that she is looking up at you with a smile. I maybe would have tried a black and white version too. I'm sure this is due in part to the fact that I LOVE b&w photography...lol...but also this would create a different "feeling". Thank you to you both for sharing and allowing us to be a part of this day. :) Wishes for a speedy recovery...sent. :)